Thursday, June 14, 2012

Zaluzani 2.0 progress

Since last updating Zaluzani 1.1 around a year and a half ago I have been keen to improve it to look more like a decent race track. I have learnt a lot about circuit building over the past year and a half...






As you can see, I have made a lot of progress with the new 2.0 version. I have finally been able to add GPS data and merge it into the materials / textures of the terrain. This means that the look and feel of the circuit will be better than ever.

For those of you who are familiar with the actual Zaluzani, you will notice that I have brushed over many of the built up areas with foliage. This is because I cannot model 3-5 dozen homes and even if I could, the cars race around here at a rate that would mean you would not be able to notice the details of the homes and other buildings. Therefore I have only added key buildings to the circuit.

For those of you who follow my blog, you will know that currently I am struggling to find decent employment in my field of speciality. While this is making life a little bit tougher, I have been able to work on my circuits that do not require unique models such as an updated Zaluzani.

Zaluzani 2.0 is still not very accurate of the actual Zaluzani circuit, however I believe that with my creative eye for details, that I have done it justice with the various changes I have made. As always it is not 100% real not entirely fictional, but a hybrid of the two.

Look out for Zaluzani 2.0 at nogripracing in the coming week!


No comments:

Post a Comment