Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Nivelles GP 1.00

First of all, I should say that this is not a recreation of the actual track in Belgium. Someone has already done that for F1C99-02. Rather this is a fun factor creation.

The actual track was relatively flat and dull. This is most likely why the drivers who raced on it for the 1972 and 1974 Grand Prix found it boring and forgettable. This is where I come in with my own interpretation of how the track should have been with the silhouette of the layout (track map).

As you see from the screenshot above, it looks like the same track. It is only once you are down at track level that you see the track has far more elevation changes than the real Nivelles ever had.There is a recreation for Rfactor in the pipelines, however updates on the "90% completed' have not moved for many months. I became bored with waiting and have dished this up with only 3 days of work (about 7hours total). I am sure that a true or accurate recreation would take much longer, but c'mon guys. I don't like when people post that they are working on a track, and then abandon it without passing on the track data (the stuff already made) to another person in the sim racing community to finish the project.


Anyway, I have added this to Rfactor Central and should be up for you all to download within 24 hours. I hope you enjoy it. I always like feedback (as long as it is not stating the obvious, or criticism without construct).

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment