Saturday, November 27, 2010

Airport Terminal 1.00

I had an idea some time back to build a circuit based around an airport terminal. Most people will assume that I just said 'airport' which means a couple of fast long straights connected by a labyrinth of chicanes and hairpin corners. Well not this one!

I grew tired of seeing many very highly detailed circuits that were fictional being released based around airports. While every one I have seen has some merit to one degree or another, and all have outstanding models and track surfaces, none possess the fun factor - which to me is the point of sim racing.

I am not saying they need to be completely off the wall out there ideas, but just rethinking the bland, dull ones and blending them with the outrageous ones. This is exactly what my circuit Airport Terminal GP is all about.

I have made some very fast long straights but they sweep around on curves to make it a little more exciting.

Above is a screenshot of the layout without the pits or any objects, strings, walls etc.
I have submitted it to www.rfactorcentral.com and it should be ready for release within 24 hours. So check back soon for my release info.

3 comments:

  1. Kinda has a "Post 1994" Imola look to it.

    Been a big fan of yours since the "Manhattan Transfer" circuit...

    Keep up the good work. Will be keeping "track" of your progress. (LoL!)

    Things I'd like to see: Circuit used for 1996 Argentine Grands Prix.( Autódromo Oscar Alfredo Gálvez )

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Circuit_Buenosaires.png

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeh the argentine grand prix circuit would be great. really want to drive that circuit! :)
    keep up the good work mate

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Argentine GP in this layout (1995) already exists in Rfactor. I have a version of it. I will see if I can find where I downloaded it from and post up the link for you guys.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Argentine_Grand_Prix - Thats the circuit. Now to find the DL link for Rfactor...

    ReplyDelete